Friday, September 24, 2010

Flickr Favorites Friday 9.24.2010

Noticing a theme? :) It wouldn't be Tales from the Rainbow Room without a few rainbows. I do love them so...


1. Rainbow-bobbins, 2. Group shot, 3. window4, 4. Mosaic, 5. Rainbows...nearly there now, 6. Rainbow Mosaic - Mosaique Arc en Ciel, 7. rainbow petals brooch, 8. somewhere under the rainbow, 9. colors, 10. Rainbow Button Necklace, 11. WHOLESALE ORDER - OVER THE RAINBOW FELT BROOCHES, 12. Tufted Tweets New Wave Quilt, 13. rainbow dress 1, 14. rainbow dress, 15. the rainbow twirly dress, 16. Untitled

* * * * *

I am loving felt art recently and am dying to give it a go. I particularly love it when it is embellished with beads and beautiful embroidery. You would think I'd had my fill of embroidery after working on the Nightingale Lap Quilt for so long, but I think it's left me wanting to learn more than to put it down. Though the split stitch is getting old :)

How lovely are those rainbow dresses, too? I have a picture from an old fashion magazine of the rainbow dress in the bottom right. It's an Alexander McQueen, and I think I'm going to have to do something with it involving paint, canvas, and a lot of Modge Podge.

No comments:

Post a Comment