Oh, how I do love this yarn: Mochi Plus in Intense Rainbow.
I've been working on a scarf with it the past few weeks. It's going slow, because I didn't realize just how much yarn comes per (very small) skein, so I keep having to reorder. I also forgot to compensate for differences in dye lots, which means lots of matching yarns and, unfortunately, wasted yarn.
An odd thing about this yarn is that its thickness varies in the skein, which means that certain parts of the scarf have ended up crocheted a bit more tightly than I would like. I think it will look great, imperfections and all, once finished.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Even though we are already five (FIVE!) days into 2010, I want to outline my goals for myself for the next year. Some will get done, some likely will not, but I want to have something to look back at on December 31 to see how far I have come.
- Participate in Project 365
- Finish my mom's quilt
- Finally start (AND finish) my humongous rainbow collage
- A rainbow string quilt
- Learn to crochet granny squares
- Make artwork for around the house
- Learn to make clothes for Livers
- Work my way around my D-SLR well
- Make more jewelry for myself
- Sell things on Etsy
- Learn to digitally scrapbook well
- FINALLY start and finish Livers' baby scrapbook
- Learn to crochet and knit more things than scarves
- Crochet a blanket
- Knit a pair of socks
- Regularly organize the gazillion photos I take
- Teach Livers a new craft
- Make more things for my kid(s?)
- Be less craftily lazy
- Keep the blog more updated