This quilt is so massive I feel like I should give it a name...
I finally finished the king-sized quilt on Monday after a long seven months. It didn't really take that long in total, but it was quite the monstrosity to complete. I don't think I want to undertake something quite this huge for awhile. (I say this now...)
The quilt's final measurements are roughly 104 x 112 inches. I forgot to take note of the five fabrics my mom chose for the top, but I know that one of them is a Civil War reproduction print. The backing is a simple cream flannel, and the binding is Kona cotton in Espresso.
I had a few snafus along the way. It had been awhile since I had quilted, so I forgot that you trim up the quilt sandwich AFTER you finish quilting. I ended up having to remove a few rows because the packing pulled up too much, and some parts wrinkled during the quilting. Overall the quilting turned out much better than I had expected, and the binding helped to conceal the mistakes.
It was definitely a learning experience. (And because quilts this size are so heavy, quite a workout!) I'm looking forward to starting my next one really soon.