Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 132 - 5.12.2011

Day 131 - 5.11.2011

Day 130 - 5.10.2011

Progress being made. The white edging is being meticulously attached.

Day 129 - 5.9.2011

Day 128 - 5.8.2011

A present to myself for Mother's Day: my favorite flowers, red Gerbera Daisies :)

Day 127 - 5.7.2011

Another look at the completed arcs (with error). What I will do to correct the mistake is remove the two fabrics at the gap, make a rectangle to fit the gap composed of two colors, and then sew it into place. It won't be perfect but it will close it in an (almost) perfect circle.

Day 126 - 5.6.2011

I finished sewing all of my arcs and realized I made a huge error in calculation. The original quilt calls for 52 individual colors in the arcs, or 13 per arc. I had wanted to double this to 104, or 26 per arc, to allow for more colors. Well, when cutting my template I made the rookie mistake of forgetting to accommodate for seam allowances, and as a result the arcs do not align properly. Whoops. I'm going to have to tweak the design a bit to actually close the circle and to keep it from being glaringly obvious that I made a mistake. Hopefully it turns out OK.

Day 125 - 5.5.2011

First arc completed.

Day 124 - 5.4.2011

Playing around with the Camera+ app on my iPhone.

Day 123 - 5.3.2011

I am starting the Color Wheel Quilt from Joelle Hoverson's Last Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts. I altered the quilt a bit to have more colors per arc, so we'll see how this turns out...

Day 122 - 5.2.2011

Day 121 - 5.1.2011