Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 126 - 5.6.2011

I finished sewing all of my arcs and realized I made a huge error in calculation. The original quilt calls for 52 individual colors in the arcs, or 13 per arc. I had wanted to double this to 104, or 26 per arc, to allow for more colors. Well, when cutting my template I made the rookie mistake of forgetting to accommodate for seam allowances, and as a result the arcs do not align properly. Whoops. I'm going to have to tweak the design a bit to actually close the circle and to keep it from being glaringly obvious that I made a mistake. Hopefully it turns out OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment