Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Inaugural Post

I've had it in my head to make a craft-oriented blog for quite some time.

Ever since I was little I've always enjoyed making things and have been told I was good at it. I took art lessons when I was a kid, and I took art classes when I got to junior high. By high school I let me desire to excel academically take precedence over my art, and it ended up getting pushed aside for a long time. I consider it one of my life's greatest disappointments.

Well now I'm 28 and I'm ready to make up lost time. I want to make things. Lots of things. I want to explore different ways to create, from painting to needlecrafts to photography, and I want to have a record of what I've done.

Enter the blog.

Here I hope to accomplish lots of things. I want to showcase things I've worked on, the good, the bad, and the mediocre. I want to have a place to journal my inspirations. I want to find new sources of inspirations. Maybe I'll even meet a new person or two. No matter what, I want my renewed love of arts and crafts to be front and center, and hopefully the road I'm traveling down will have a wonderful destination.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lindsay
    Exactly the same thing happened to me at school. I was steered away from art and pushed into all the academic subjects.
    I think it's great that you are exploring lots of crafts now and look forward to heairng all about them.
    Lindsay
    x

    ReplyDelete