Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Creative Space


Right now I have a one-track mind: sew, sew, sew.

I'm chugging along on the monstrous task that is the king size quilt, and I'm past the half-way point on the top. It's getting me motivated to go ahead and finish it. I've sewn the blocks of 16 out of 23 rows together, and I really think if I crack down I could (crossing fingers) be finished by Thanksgiving. Here's to hoping!!!

With the Christmas season rapidly approaching I really hope I DO get this top finished soon, because I have lots of projects on my plate to roll out. I want to sew my daughter a stocking for Christmas rather than buy one. I think it will add a personal touch. My stocking--I think--was handmade when I was a kid; either that or the mass-produced ones looked way better than they do now. I wanted to afford her the same luxury and get a little fun out of it for me.

I also want to make a scarf for my brother as a Christmas present. I'm torn between knitting and crocheting it. I really want to crochet it, because after practicing both I think I much prefer crocheting. However I want to get in some knitting practice beyond a simple knitted rows, and this would certainly be a way to do that. I suppose I have some time to do it.

I also have finally got all of the pictures in for this huge mixed media collage I want to make for my office. It is going to combine paint, photographs, beads, buttons, ribbon, and possibly some other things if I get ambitious, and my goal was to have it finished this year. With so many fun things I want to work on it's really hard to decide sometimes what to do.

2 comments:

  1. King Sized Quilt! You are hardcore. :-) Are you going to quilt it or send it out? I really want to make one, but my husband only likes duvets...so....still thinking of a way to make a duvet that is like a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you - I have been scrapping every spare moment

    ReplyDelete